Friday, September 19, 2014

Will Jaw Surgery Change Your Nose?

Hey guys and gals, A lot of people have asked if jaw surgery changes your nose. It depends. My surgery involved a lefort I osteotomy. This did change my nose. My maxilla was brought forward which widened my nose and change the curve of the nose a little bit. My surgeon assured me it wouldn't be a noticeable difference. To be honest I'm glad my nose changed. As you can see pre op my nose was extremely narrow and not only did it look weird but it wasn't very functional. These pictures are before, 6 weeks post op, and over a year post op.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog when researching open bite surgery. I have really similar issues - convex profile, slight open bite due to a tongue thrust and also have very limited airway through my nose and occasional sleep apnea. Did the jaw surgery also help your ability to breathe through your nose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find quality writing like yours nowadays.

    I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
    AVS Registry Cleaner 2.3 Crack

    ReplyDelete