So on the one hand, I really want to get this surgery done. Here are my reasons for having the surgery asap:
- My TMJ pain has gotten way worse in the past 2 months.
- My joint on one side is very swollen and sticking out, not sure what this means :S
- I really want to be out of these braces asap!
- Its gotten harder to chew my food without getting a migraine
- My mouth opens about 2/3 as much as it did pre braces, if I try to open it more I hear cracking noises
- 7 months is just too far away!!!
Ok so I guess I have to list my reasons to not push my surgery sooner and leave it for the original time I had wanted:
- I have a full year course with a huge portion of the workload due after the holidays
- I'll end up missing a lot of these lectures, although my TA said she'll work it out for me
- Its going to be winter here!! Which means very sub zero temperatures
- Technically I'm suppose to be tutoring astronomy students all year
- My mom will be flying here from Auss in the winter, lots of cancelled flights
Oh the damn obligations!!
It feels like school is my largest contributing factor! BAHH
Well my orthodontist appointment is in two weeks and thats when we will find out this actual surgery date!!
I'll just go ask the universe to figure this one out for me because I am lost!!
In the meantime I'm going to go study and use this whole jaw thing as a good excuse to keep eating ice cream :) Whats the point in trying to look attractive when I have an underbite, braces, and will soon look like I got hit by a truck? Thats just logic to me :P
Hope everyone is doing good :)