Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Less than 6 months to go!!





Hello readers and friends :)

So I just thought I would do a fast update. I went to the orthodontist a few weeks ago and had a power chain put on the bottom. My midline looks really off and my bottom teeth look like they're swooping outward. The jaw pain hasn't been too bad the last couple weeks which is nice. I haven't had to take any painkillers in a while. I realized a few days ago that my jaw surgery is in 5.something months which is getting pretty close considering it felt like yesterday when I had my braces put on, but that was over half a year ago!!!!
I'll attach some pictures just to show where I'm at.

ALSO
I know I have some readers who are from other countries and I'm actually applying to do exchange in Australia in 2013. I'm looking at the university of western sydney since I wont have to pay international student fees there, I just pay my tuition to my school. I might look into some other schools too but the application process is more complicated for other schools in australia. I realized that since the term starts in jan or feb, I'll be out of my braces in time to go!!!
I'll update on how this all plays out in time.

Hope everyone is doing well and that you still enjoyed goodies despite having braces on halloween lol

5 comments:

  1. I think you are very pretty and have great teeth that will look awesome after your surgery. It sucks that they have to make things worse before they can do the surgery. I feel for you, even though I'm in the opposite situation with my overbite getting worse it really sucks, 4 months more waiting for me. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terra!
    I wish I was having the surgery for my one year anniversary! Do you have your date yet?
    It's so strange for me to imagine having an underbite (maybe it's the same for people with underbites looking at overbites). But it looks so painful to me! haha
    I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terra!

    Thank you for the comment. I greatly appreciate that.

    You look beautiful! I cannot believe how far we have come from 6 mths ago! Orthodontists are miracle workers eh! I bet you are getting nervous and excited for your surgery in 5 months. Did you find out how long the recovery takes? I have a booklet that my oral surgeon gave me, and it indicates that recovery depends mostly on two things: the surgery type and the individual. I am having upper jaw surgery only. You will look nothing less than perfect once it is all finished!

    Good luck with the application process for your exchange in Australia. I have a friend that went to a university in Perth Australia - she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the difference since your early brace posts is incredible! I can't believe how fast the time is going. For me it seemed as though surgery never came, and then when it did I blinked and 107 days went by! I'm really looking forward to tracking your progress to and through surgery. Something tells me that your final results are going to be insanely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terra!

    I've been following you on youtube, and Im going tomorrow for a consult with an orthodontist and should have my braces on before end of month- Im supernervous!

    ReplyDelete