First I want to say thank you to all the great people who read my blog! Thank you so much, I've already reached over 1000 views in a month, i think, and I don't even have my braces on yet! I really hope my information can be useful to people. I also want to say thank you to everyone out there who has shared their stories with me, via blog, youtube, or forum. thank you so much! You guys make the whole process seem so much less scary. I will probably do a post listing some of my favourite videos and blogs when I get a chance. I have two weeks off in about a month so I'll not only know exactly whats happening with my braces and surgery, but I'll also have time to make a new video and link some really great stuff to my blog.
Quickly I just want to say that the archwire forum has been a huge help to me! Not only have I gotten to talk to people who go to the same surgeon I'm going to, but I also got so many questions answered that I didn't even know I had yet.
To everyone who has gotten the surgery and wrote about it, or blogged about it, thank you!! You guys are inspiring! So many people have taken their time to answer my questions and I really appreciate it.
I'm sorry this turned into a gratefulness post but I just wanted to say that.
Ok now to the point if you are still reading this.
These are reasons I am all pro-jaw surgery
- I'm sick of having a convex profile: I searched convex profile on google and I got horses, and a dog shaped like a banana.
- The pain my bite causes it literally unbearable: I have constant headaches, neck pain, and TMJ pain
- I'm sick of having a lissssspppthhh: Yes I am sick of avoiding words when I talk that point out my lisp, I'm also sick of people pointing it out like I'm from another planet.
- I would like to chew with all my teeth: right now my back teeth on the left side are the only ones I chew with, the cross bite makes it too hard to chew on the right side.
- I would like to be able to close my mouth naturally: Right now when I close it I get bumpy chin, so attractive, I know!
These are reasons I am not so crazy about Jaw Surgery!!!
- Being in University with braces: its bad enough people all think I'm 18, despite the fact that I am 24, but I don't think braces will help.
- Having to possibly spend next summer healing my jaw: Looks like the only time I have for jaw surgery is in the summer, so much for getting ahead with courses, or going to the beach.
- General Anesthesia: I am terrified. I haven't had a surgery that required it since I was 5 or 6, can't remember, so I'm just super paranoid.
- Needles!: I hate needles, I have this bad habit of blacking out when I get needles, and I know that surgery is going to require lots of lovely things like bloodwork and IV.
- Not being able to talk: This is mainly for the fact that my brother is an asshole, and trust me I will be tortured about it the whole time. When I had my extractions and I couldn't eat without spilling everything all over myself, he just sat there and told me it was all going in my mouth, yet I was literally covered in milkshake.