Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tongue Thrusting



so I had no idea I had this problem until very recently, and to my surprise, I do have a jawline in my side profile, its just being pushed out due to my poor tongue posture. My ortho has suggested speech therapy for this after the jaw surgery and braces but I think I might take the initiative to start sooner because I now realize what an issue this is. Check out these two images. The first one is my current tongue position, and the second one is my tongue in proper position. I just need to learn how to keep it there.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog when doing some research on tongue thrusting. Thanks for posting. This is so interesting and helpful for me, I was supposed to have the jaw surgery when I was 14 but my parents wouldn't let me. Then when I tried to have it at 25 they said it was too dangerous, now I just got my second lot of braces off for my overbite that keeps coming back and someone finally told me I have a tongue thrust, I had no idea before, now I started speech therapy and oro facial therapy to try and correct it.

    ReplyDelete