Tuesday, September 4, 2012

31 days to go!

Hello bloggers and readers,

So the surgery is actually coming up. I checked last night before bed and it said 31 days!!!
I think once I break into the 20's I'm going to start crying myself to sleep.
This month is going to be busy from start to end. I want to share my timeline with all of yous so we can compare what its like pre jaw surgery and to see how differently different surgeons might lay out their timelines.

OKAYYY

Week 1: 

  • Tetanus shot -  yes I'm overdue and avoiding this but I have to face my fears. I was suppose to go today but my aunts car battery is dead so I let her take my car to work. Sean will be fixing her car later so I guess I'm running out of excuses. 
  • Renew passport -  I will be booking my ticket to Australia but my passport is expiring in March, so I won't be able to use it in December
Week 2:
  • Pre Surgical Physical -  I'll be going to see Dr H for this and she will send my forms to the hospital as far as I'm concerned. 
  • Bloodwork -  YUCK! Oh well. I'm going to have to suck it up once again and get it over with (hopefully without fainting, crying, screaming, swearing, or punching anyone.)
  • Dentist Appointment -  Cleaning time!!! Yay! This I'm excited for. 
Week 3: 
  • Orthodontist Appointment - I'll be getting my surgical hooks on! Yayyyy! Hopefully everything goes well. 
  • GOING TO MONTREAL -  My best friend moved to the province next door and I miss her too much to not go see her before the big day. I'll probably only be gone for a few days as I have a lot of stuff to get done over here before the surgery. I've never been to Montreal. Depending on the weather I might drive but I'll probably take the bus or train so I can do some reading on the way.
Week 4: 
  • Surgeon Appointment - I will have my pre surgical appointment with the surgeon the week before surgery. I seriously hope he's happy with everything because there is no way I went through all those appointments for nada. Anyway my ortho and his colleagues reassure me that I will be fine for surgery, but they said the same thing last time. Meh!
Week 5: 
  • Mom arrives -  My mom will be flying in from Australia to be here for the surgery and to help me with the recovery. I can't wait!!!!
  • SURGERY DAY - October 5th will be the big day! 

Well there is the timeline. I'm going to be running around this month looking for recovery stuff as well. Not sure where to even start. 
My birthday is on October 9th and I'll be so happy to have my family there for my fat faced bday clear liquid party. I'll be in the hospital for 3 days and I'm sure I won't be bored between having my mom back, having visitors, and being drugged up. 

This past year has been a whirlwind of emotions, adjusting, growing up, and adapting. 
A year ago was probably the worst of it. I think I became really depressed with dealing with my jaw, getting used to the idea of surgery, going through rough patches at home and also in my relationship. It really proved to me who is there for me and who isn't. I now see the friends who were always accommodating when I needed someone, and the friends that just couldn't make the time to even hear me out, let alone make the time to see me. It still hurts to know that people I've known for years didn't turn out to be the people I thought they would, and that they can so easily become a completely different person behind your back. I feel such an appreciation towards the people that really do care that I want to spend time with them during this process and they know that. 

Challenges in life have their hard moments but they make you come out so much wiser. 
I'm grateful for those people who really care. I'm grateful for all of you as well who read my blog and watch my videos, who share your experiences and give us all something to relate to. 

Thank you, 

Terra













6 comments:

  1. My heart is racing just reading this. I'm getting freaked out myself and I'm 41 days... Oy vey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay we're only just over a week apart!!! Can you believe it's actually coming up!!
      I can't wait to follow your blog and be able to relate.

      Delete
  2. That is so exciting! I remember finding your blog last year and totally sympathizing! So great to see that you'll finally have your surgery, and so soon!
    You look amazing now, even with an underbite/open bite, so I know your results will be incredible! Plus, you'll have the healthy teeth and jaws you deserve!
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm going go to through and read your blog. I can't figure out how to bookmark blogs other than blogger so that I'll see the updates. I think if I add it to my side bar

      Delete
  3. I'm in the 20's! Actually tomoroow I'm out of the 20's and in the teens! I'm surprisingly not too worked up about it yet, usually with something like this I would have a ball of anxious nerves in my belly, but I far, nothing really. But then that makes me nervous that m so calm! Haha. My mom is the nervous wreck now, she's getting worked up and freaked out that she's not going to be able to take care of me properly after surgery. Is your mom nervous? I had my pre surgery appointment today (20 days pre surgery) with my oral surgeon. He took molds and we talked one and that was about it. Now I wait four the hospital to call and set up my pre op stuff there, but that's not until sometime during the week before surgery. I can't believe it's almost here!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, You and Amanda are all about 10 days apart! Sorry you'll be the first to have it done with but I am a little jealous I'll have to wait 10 more days.
    My mom is very nervous. Shes going to totally go into nurse mode. She wants to stay at the hospital the 3 full days and not go home. I'm really glad though that she's flying in, I don't know what I would do without her there.

    ReplyDelete