So the surgery is actually coming up. I checked last night before bed and it said 31 days!!!
I think once I break into the 20's I'm going to start crying myself to sleep.
This month is going to be busy from start to end. I want to share my timeline with all of yous so we can compare what its like pre jaw surgery and to see how differently different surgeons might lay out their timelines.
- Tetanus shot - yes I'm overdue and avoiding this but I have to face my fears. I was suppose to go today but my aunts car battery is dead so I let her take my car to work. Sean will be fixing her car later so I guess I'm running out of excuses.
- Renew passport - I will be booking my ticket to Australia but my passport is expiring in March, so I won't be able to use it in December
- Pre Surgical Physical - I'll be going to see Dr H for this and she will send my forms to the hospital as far as I'm concerned.
- Bloodwork - YUCK! Oh well. I'm going to have to suck it up once again and get it over with (hopefully without fainting, crying, screaming, swearing, or punching anyone.)
- Dentist Appointment - Cleaning time!!! Yay! This I'm excited for.
- Orthodontist Appointment - I'll be getting my surgical hooks on! Yayyyy! Hopefully everything goes well.
- GOING TO MONTREAL - My best friend moved to the province next door and I miss her too much to not go see her before the big day. I'll probably only be gone for a few days as I have a lot of stuff to get done over here before the surgery. I've never been to Montreal. Depending on the weather I might drive but I'll probably take the bus or train so I can do some reading on the way.
- Surgeon Appointment - I will have my pre surgical appointment with the surgeon the week before surgery. I seriously hope he's happy with everything because there is no way I went through all those appointments for nada. Anyway my ortho and his colleagues reassure me that I will be fine for surgery, but they said the same thing last time. Meh!
- Mom arrives - My mom will be flying in from Australia to be here for the surgery and to help me with the recovery. I can't wait!!!!
- SURGERY DAY - October 5th will be the big day!
Well there is the timeline. I'm going to be running around this month looking for recovery stuff as well. Not sure where to even start.
My birthday is on October 9th and I'll be so happy to have my family there for my fat faced bday clear liquid party. I'll be in the hospital for 3 days and I'm sure I won't be bored between having my mom back, having visitors, and being drugged up.
This past year has been a whirlwind of emotions, adjusting, growing up, and adapting.
A year ago was probably the worst of it. I think I became really depressed with dealing with my jaw, getting used to the idea of surgery, going through rough patches at home and also in my relationship. It really proved to me who is there for me and who isn't. I now see the friends who were always accommodating when I needed someone, and the friends that just couldn't make the time to even hear me out, let alone make the time to see me. It still hurts to know that people I've known for years didn't turn out to be the people I thought they would, and that they can so easily become a completely different person behind your back. I feel such an appreciation towards the people that really do care that I want to spend time with them during this process and they know that.
Challenges in life have their hard moments but they make you come out so much wiser.
I'm grateful for those people who really care. I'm grateful for all of you as well who read my blog and watch my videos, who share your experiences and give us all something to relate to.