Okay I know since the beginning everyone has said i don't have much swelling, well they're wrong. My face keeps changing on me. I looks different than last week and different from my last video.
I'm about 7 weeks post op but I do still have swelling. It's in specific areas but it is there and it's going down little by little. the swelling around my jawline and under my chin went down some more this week and my face is looking less and less chubby.
Here are the major things going on:
- Still have no feeling in my lower lip or my chin
- In elastics 18 hours a day
- Able to open my mouth the width of one finger :D
- Able to chew really soft things like pasta or rice
- Still have that fleshing skin flap on the incision where i had the infection
- Sinuses are stuffy and I still taste the fluids (I know, gross)
- I can brush the inside of my teeth finally!!!
- I can floss my front teeth finally
- My energy is coming back
I feel like this has been my turnaround week. Up until this week I was really tired all the time but now I finally feel like I'm getting back to me. I have energy to do a lot more, and I feel generally better than I have up to this point.
Looking back I can't believe I got through this, I can't believe I have 26 screws and 5 plates in my face. I am so damn proud of myself. This surgery has been a dream come true.
The best news yet...
I STOPPED GETTING HEADACHES!!!!