Friday, January 4, 2013

Antibiotics day 4

Hey Guys,

So it's day four of this round of antibiotics for the infection in my left cheek.
I have to admit that it doesn't feel like it's gotten any better.
The drainage area is releasing a lot of yellow opaque fluid.
All I have to do is lift my lip and a ton of fluid comes out. I keep rinsing but it just happens again.
I'm thinking I should call my surgeons office again today to see what they say about this. The incision sight is really sore. I can hardly move my face on that side.

It's sad because my healing was going so well.
The swelling was down and I was eating normally and feeling really good.
I just really hope that by some miracle this thing clears up.
In reality a month ago my surgeon thought there was still something going on in that cheek, maybe the sinus.

My sinus on that side keep getting congested but when I blow my nose nothing comes out, I can taste the infection in the back of my throat though.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?
Could this be because of the titanium? Does anyone know what the signs of the body rejecting the metal might be?

I go back to uni on monday and the last thing I wanted was more jaw issues.
While I was in australia I had to email my surgeon to let him know my cheek is still being "funny" and he told one of the other surgeons that he's probably going to have to go in there and fix it.


1 comment:

  1. Despite the infection, you look like you're healing really nicely!:) I had my surgery on Thursday of this past week, so i'm only about 4 days post-op. I've been following your blog and YouTube channel for a while before that. You have helped me SO much, in terms of knowing what to expect and how to deal with it. I hope you feel better really soon, and i'll be praying that the infection clears up!

    ReplyDelete