Wednesday, October 24, 2012

19 Days Post op and an Infection to damper my mood

So I went to see my surgeon today. Here is the news in point form, because people enjoy reading point form.
  • Infection in upper left side of the jaw (my surgeon squeezed my gums and all this yellow white stuff started pouring out)
  • On Clindamycin for a week, 4 times a day to get rid of the infection. 
  • Using mouthwash and a syringe to irrigate the infection (very gross)
  • Surgeon says I'm 9/10 and progressing better than most people (minus the infection)
  • Still on liquids and puree and the surgeon says to just continue since its working
  • Got new x-rays taken which I will upload when they arrive by email. 
  • Will be returning to the surgeon in 2 weeks

Until then I hope everyone is doing well. I'll let you know what happens as the adventure continues to unfold. 






This is my smile. No I'm not kidding. I tell my brain smile and this is what happens.. I better not get too happy or I'll start scaring people





7 comments:

  1. Eeeek, that infection sounds awful! Wishing you a speedy recovery. I've been following your blog for a few months now, am loving the post-surgery photos - you look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It feels like such a huge adjustment getting used to my new face but so worth it. I haven't had a migraine yet which is a blessing compared to how often I had them before surgery. Thanks again for all your kind words

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous! I'm very jealous that you're on the other side of all this now. I'm just starting my journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you, I still have a lot of swelling, the surgeon says I'll eventually have a jawline lol.
      The wait is long but the closer you get to surgery the faster time goes by. I found out about 11 years ago that I needed surgery and started the surgery process the second time around about 2 years ago. I promise it will come before you know it, the time gives you a lot of time to prepare mentally for all the change.

      Delete
    2. No problem! :) I'm actually getting my molds done for splint therapy this Friday.. we'll probably do that for a year, then braces and surgery if necessary (which I think it will be). I have a Class III malocclusion (crossbite) and asymmetry plus pretty bad TMJ issues, so I'm getting to the point where I'm more accepting of the fact that I need surgery. Especially after seeing your blog - you were beautiful before and even with the swelling you look even more gorgeous! Definitely gives me some inspiration :) I read that you had TMJ issues beforehand. Have you noticed a difference?

      PS - I sent you that friend request on facebook. I promise I wasn't some random creeper haha!

      Delete
  3. That's too bad about the infection, I hope it clears up very soon. Is the infection on the same side that you were having so much pain in shortly after the surgery? I think you look great and I hope I get similar results with my surgery! I really appreciate this blot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh you poor thing getting an infection!!:( thats so dreadfulllll, it's really like the last thing you need when this surgerys so awful anyway. Your bite looks so perfect though! and don't worry about adjusting to your new face because I felt like I didn't look like myself at first too, but as the swelling goes down you start to look more and more like you again!:)xox

    ReplyDelete