Monday, October 8, 2012

Pre and post op pictures

It's really up and down but without the nausea I feel so much better.
I was throwing up a lot of blood from the first day which made it hard to hold any liquids down.
Tomorrow I'll be turning 26 and this surgery is probably the best gift I could ask for.
Thank you Suzie for the beautiful flowers. They really brightened up my day when I was feeling awful. You're so thoughtful and you are such a great friend.
Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.

Thanks to my mom, my Aunt Toni, my Aunt Corena, and Jennifer for being there in the hospital and helping me when I was feeling my worst.

Thank you Sean for being such a great boyfriend and for keeping me calm when I had to have the IV put in and when I had to go through pre admissions.

Thanks to Diane and Julian for stopping by with magazines and flowers. It was great to have something to look through when I was feeling a little better.

My room is now filled with stuffed toys, balloons, flowers, and cards and I feel so grateful. It feels amazing to be post op. If you haven't had your surgery yet just trust me, you will be so happy once you are on the other side. Thanks to all my jaw surgery buddies I've been able to relate to and look up to for advice.

Finally, here are some pictures.


























I'll add more later, it takes so long to upload these

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It's so amazing to see your post-surgery pictures now, after having found your blog almost exactly a year ago! So happy for you!

    Was the tube in your stomach the one that goes down through the nose, or something else? I'm only familiar with people having the tube that does down to the stomach through the nose.

    You look great, and remember it's only going to get better from here! :)

    ReplyDelete