Tuesday, October 2, 2012

(VIDEO) 2 Days before Double Jaw surgery (Orthognathic surgery)

It's almost here!!!
Heres an update video.
I feel so grateful to finally reach surgery day and I feel very grateful to the wonderful people in my life who care so much about me.
My mom and Sean's mom will be taking turns at the hospital. Thanks so much Jennifer for being so amazing and for all the food. I feel really lucky to have you.
Thanks to my mom who might not read this until shes back in Aus for flying out here to be here for this big day.
I feel really lucky to not be going through this alone.
And of course thank you to all my fellow bloggers and youtubers who have motivated me to stick to the plan and get to surgery day.
I feel lucky to have met so many amazing people through all of this.
Suzie, get ready for mass messaging while I'm recovering, you are an awesome friend.




4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Friday!!!!

    P.S. Your pre-surgery shopping list looks super helpful - I'll definitely be referencing it as my surgery gets closer (fingers crossed for a December date!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to be in an ICU room when you come out lf recovery? If you are than at least that should be a private room. They told me I wouldn't be able to get a private room because there were no private rooms available, but I never ended up going to a normal room anyways. I actually never made it to the ICU because that was full too. I think they sent me to the cardiac care unit, but I still had a private room. Hopefully its the same at the hospital you're going to, but at my hospital, the nurses in ICU get jaw surgery patients all the time so they know how to take care of you. Since I was in a different ward the nurses weren't as familiar, but they still did a pretty good job with me. I hope they let someone stay with you. My mom didn't end ul staying with me over night, but she had the option to.

    If this is your last post before surgery, good luck!!! I'm sure everything is going to go great:) can't wait to hear how it all turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terra! It's so exciting watching this video when my surgery is now so close too! I know what you mean about the nerves, I don't feel very nervous at the moment either... is that normal?! Lol! They said the same thing will happen to my nose that you said will happen to yours, but I don't really mind it getting wider because I have such a thin nose at the moment! Good luck Terra! I really hope it all goes well, and I can't wait to follow your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to have someone stay with you in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete